Speak with us today: 1800 629 824
Laundry Tips and Tricks
We’ve all got our own tried and tested methods in the laundry, but try out some of these tips and tricks to uplevel your laundry results!
- There’s nothing worse than opening a bag of laundry, or finding one item has tainted the hole load! You can stop this problem before it starts by using a deodorising spray on each item or specific ones, as you add them into the laundry bag or basket, knowing they’ll be sitting for a while before they’re washed.
- Knowing the source of the odour will give you the answer to eliminating it – natural oil, mildew, or food-based? Use the right method for the origin.
- If you’ve detected an odour problem, try soaking the item in vinegar for 20-30 minutes to neutralise it, before you wash it.
- Vinegar and baking soda are powerful odour fighters – use half a cup of either in each load to reduce odour and prevent their build up in your machine.
- Separate your working area into zones – for collating, sorting, washing and folding etc. Then place relevant storage or products in each area.
- Use large, flexible laundry bags to collect and store laundry to be washed. These bags don’t take up extra space when not being used. Similarly, use collapsible hampers for transferring from wash to dry or out of the dryer.
- Make sure you have space available for folding, so you don’t waste time clearing space beforehand and stop the overflow beyond the laundry room.
- The longer a stain has to set, the harder it is to remove. As soon as you know there’s a stain, treat it asap.
- Often dishwashing detergent or your preferred stain remover will be the answer.
- Remember to avoid bleach unless colour safe, and bleach products will set bloodstains.
For more laundry expertise, servicing, repairs and equipment, contact us today!
When you’re looking down the barrel of dryer or washing machine repairs, it’s a question on everyone’s mi....Read More